SPARTACOTE Patented Concrete Coatings
For several years, SPARTACOTE has exclusively developed and manufactured polyaspartic concrete coatings under the license of United States Patents 6,833,424 and 7,169,876. These two patents directly reflect what many within the industry consider to be the optimal raw material mixing ratio or “index” for dual-component polyaspartic concrete coatings. Specifically as it relates to resinous flooring, these patents allow SPARTACOTE to offer polyaspartics that exhibit several unique advantages. Our protective coatings show superior levels of durability, flexibility, adhesion, corrosion resistance, and chemical resistance. SPARTACOTE moisture cure coating chemistry enables us to formulate products that are not only applicable regardless of the climate but also designed to dramatically reduce application times and costs. They offer superior performance vs. epoxy and urethane coating technology while allowing for ease of installation.
SPARTACOTE polyaspartic concrete coating systems advantages for coatings contractors:
- Adequate working times provide contractors with ample opportunity to successfully install materials, greatly improving the consistency and finish of seamless, resinous concrete flooring systems.
- Rapid Cure Properties. As a one-to-one mix, SPARTACOTE products are designed to dry within 1-2 hours and drive-on within 24 hours.
- A highly refined and consistent film which does not exhibit the excessive bubbling or roller marks often associated with polyaspartic coatings
- Superb Durability. SPARTACOTE does not incorporate excessive non-reactive additives into its coatings. Competing materials do this to help compensate for reduced pot life and to reduce costs, consequently diminishing product performance.
- Superior Resilience that Lasts. Following full chemical cure, SPARTACOTE polyaspartics will resist film tightening over time. Film tightening is a common issue for polyaspartics, which can impair adhesion and increase the potential for coating failure.
- Color & Gloss Retention. 100% UV clear topcoats and UV stable pigmented coatings & stains provide for a rich and long lasting finish that will not fade, amber or peel.
- Superior Adhesion to Concrete & Steel. SPARTACOTE® patented technology was designed to effectively absorb into the concrete or steel substrate in order to bond within the pores of the material. A fundamental component differentiating SPARTACOTE® from other products, this technology allows for maximum adhesion surface area and is the cornerstone of our superior performance.
- Chemical Resistance to a wide range of commercial and industrial chemicals. Full resistance to Skydrol and other highly corrosive fluids.
- All Climate Application. No limitations for minimum cure temperatures. SPARTACOTE® can be applied in temperatures well below that of standard epoxies and urethanes.
- Traction. Our concrete coatings and sealers can be used in higher traffic areas where traction is key. This is achieved in conjunction with a quartz or silica additive within the coating process.
SPARTACOTE Polyaspartic Concrete Coating Systems
- VOC compliant, solvent based 72% solids polyaspartic concrete coating
- Deep penetrating and suitable for interior or exterior use
- 25- 30 minute working time
- 92 % solids ultra-low odor/voc polyaspartic concrete coating
- High chemical and abrasion resistance, suitable for interior or exterior use
- 15-20 minute working time
- Ultra-high solids, very low VOC and very low odor, polyaspartic concrete coating
- Ideal for indoor institutional use
- 18-24 minute working time
Concrete Coatings Reports
Cured Concrete Coatings Comparison »
Epoxy vs. Polyurethane vs. SPARTACOTE® Polyaspartic
Coefficient of Friction »