For concrete slabs exhibiting elevated moisture levels (> 75% relative humidity or 3 lbs moisture), SPARTACOTE recommends using DRYTEK MVB Moisture Mitigation™ epoxy primer. This single coat application consists of a chemically enhanced 100% solids epoxy applied over a properly prepared concrete surface profile of 3 to 5.
For more product specific information, visit DRYTEK MVB Moisture Mitigation™ product page.
DRYTEK MVB Moisture Mitigation™ for Concrete Features & Benefits:
- Suitable over damp concrete
- May be used over “green” concrete that is only 5-days old.
- Single coat application
- No broadcast required
- Superior inter-coat adhesion with SPARTACOTE polyaspartic coatings
- Very low VOC
- Significantly reduces vapor emission rates to acceptable levels
- May be used as a primer for other types of commercial flooring such as laminate, tile, etc.
100% Solids Epoxy Common Applications:
- Environments where concrete moisture levels exceed acceptable limits
- Concrete slabs with no underlayment/vapor barrier
- New concrete
|Cured System Properties||DRYTEK MVB Moisture Mitigation™|
|PH 14 Resistance (ASTM D-1308)||Past 14 day test|
|Minimum Curing Temp||50ºF|
|Viscosity||600 =/- cps @ 77ºF|
|Material||100% Solids Epoxy|
|Substrate Adhesion (ASTM D-4541, psi)||400-500+, concrete fracture|
|Flammability (ASTM D-635)||self extinguishing|