DRYTEK™ Moisture Vapor Barrier for concrete surfaces
DRYTEK™ Moisture Vapor Barrier is a single-coat, 100% solids, liquid applied, 2-part epoxy coating specifically designed for controlling the moisture vapor emission rate from new or existing concrete slabs prior to installing DRYTEK self-leveling underlayment and decorative toppings.
DRYTEK™ Moisture Vapor Barrier 100% solids epoxy features:
• A component of the DRYTEK™ system warranty
• Ensures protection of moisture/pH sensitive floor coverings
• Can be applied over new concrete in as little as 5 days
• Can be pigmented 8 different colors when used as a base coat for SPARTACOTE concrete coatings
• Fast cure – ability to apply finish floor goods or DRYTEK™ self-leveling underlayments in as soon as 12 hours
• VOC (mixed) < 10 g/L
• UL GREENGUARD Gold Certified
• Low odor
• Easy to use
• Compatible with DRYTEK™ underlayments as well as non-water based adhesives for hardwood, vinyl, carpet and tile
DRYTEK Moisture Vapor Barrier can be pigmented for use in conjunction with SPARTACOTE® coating systems. DRYTEK Moisture Vapor Barrier Pigment Base is to be mixed with SPARTACOTE Epoxy Pigment available in 8 different colors: Black, White, Light Grey, Medium Grey, Dark Grey, Light Beige, Sand Beige, Dark Beige and Tile Red.
DRYTEK™ Concrete Surface Preparation and Primer Guide
Concrete surface preparation is the most important factor to a successful DRYTEK™ self-leveling underlayment (SLU), moisture vapor barrier, or decorative wear surface installation. While it is not possible to cover all of the conditions that may exist on every project, this guide will cover substrate and primer application for some of the more common conditions found on most concrete projects.